Come visit us at booth 2141 at the Society of Exploration Geophysicists International Exposition and 88th Annual Meeting, in Anaheim, CA, October 14-19.
Technical Presentation Highlights
Click here to see the detailed Agenda.
Click here to see the Abstracts.
- Our booth demonstrations will focus on the industry’s digital transformation, with targeted presentations about machine learning and geophysics, workflow automation, and cloud delivery.
- Machine learning methods include:
- Automatic recovery and classification of subsurface features from prestack seismic directivity data
- Exploring for Wolfcamp reservoirs, Eastern shelf of the Permian Basin, Texas
- Automated workflows for chronostratigraphic interpretation, building geologically-constrained velocity models, and incorporating uncertainties into the static and dynamic reservoir modeling workflow.
- Demonstrations on the cloud, including a presentation about high-performance computing.
- The demonstrations will be supported by Paradigm™ 18, our recent synchronized release of E&P software, with special presentations highlighting the evolution of shale geophysics.
- Demos will include automated workflows for structural model-based tomography combining SKUA™ and GeoDepth™, and multi-view seismic interpretation, to improve interpretation quality and analysis.
- A presentation will feature Roxar Big Loop, which improves production forecasting and leads to better quantification of uncertainties and shorter time cycles.
- We are also proud to host presentations by industry experts.
For additional information, please contact Carmen Comis.
SEG Business of Applied Geophysics (BAG) Plenary Session
Duane Dopkin, executive vice president of Geosciences, Emerson E&P Software, will be speaking at the Geophysical Return on Investment for Unconventionals, SEG's Business of Applied Geophysics (BAG) Plenary Session, on Wednesday, October 17, 1:50 - 5:50 PM. Click here for more information.
Machine Learning Oral and Poster Sessions
Florian Basier and Emmanuel Labrunye of Emerson E&P Software will chair the Machine Learning Oral (MLDA 1: Classification for Interpretation 1) and Poster (MLDA P1: Facies Classification and Reservoir Properties 1) sessions on Tuesday, October 16. Click here for more information.
"Reservoir Model Transfer with Enrichment Using RESQML Standard," A Multi-Vendor Live Demonstration
Date and Time: Monday, October 15, 2:00 PM, Tuesday, October, 16, 11:00 AM
Location: SEG High Performance Computing Theatre, Booth 341
Many companies, led by Energistics and including operators and software providers, have invested significant time and money over the past decade to develop and deliver an industry standard for reservoir model data exchange. In 2015 a significant milestone was achieved with the delivery of version 2 of the RESQML standard. From an end-user’s perspective, this was the first version of the standard to deliver capability above and beyond RESCUE, the precursor. Therefore, many active RESQML SIG members are anxious to start benefitting from the efforts. A multi-company implementation pilot of the latest version in commercial use (v2.0.1) is in progress with the intentions to demonstrate the benefits of RESQML and to promote widespread adoption. Energistics and members associated with this pilot will make a multi-vendor live demonstration of RESQML data transfers at the HPC Showcase at 2018 SEG Annual Meeting.
Lunch & Learn Sessions
- Seismic Geomorphology - Mitigating Lithology Prediction Risk and Providing Context for Further Investigation: Applications and Workflows (presented by Henry Posamentier), Monday, October 15, 12:00 PM
- Unconventional Field Development in the Cloud (presented by Hassane Kassouf), Tuesday, October 16, 12:00 PM
- Holographic Processing and Imaging Yields Highest Possible Seismic Resolution (presented by Norm Neidell) Wednesday, October 17, 12:00 PM
Visit Gaby Yelin at Demo Station B for Live 10-minute Workflow Briefs
Efficient Multi-2D Velocity Model Building Workflow
Higher quality products, in significant shorter turn-around time
Featured Technology: GeoDepth™
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at 9:30 am
Reduce Interpretation Ambiguities and Uncertainty through Efficient Partial Stacking of 3D Gathers
3D gather data mining in conjunction with illumination analysis for efficient stacking
Featured Technologies GeoDepth™, Probe™
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at 11:30 am
High-resolution Interpretation: Diffraction Imaging for Better Delineation of Small Scale Geological Features
Innovative fault system interpretation workflow in Eagle Ford shale using seismic attributes and diffraction stacks
Featured Technologies: EarthStudy 360™, GeoDepth™
Monday, Tuesday at 1:30 pm
Fracture Characterization: Innovative New VVAZ Workflow in Paradigm™ 18
Robust orthorhombic workflow with efficient quality control capabilities
Featured Technologies: EarthStudy 360TM, GeoDepthTM
Monday, Tuesday at 3:30 pm
Velocity Calibration and Uncertainty Analysis through Well-tie Tomography
Redepthing workflow using tomography and geostatistical mapping technology
Featured Technologies: GeoDepth™, Tomography and Geostatistical Mapping
Monday, Tuesday 5:00 pm
Emerson E&P Software Papers in the SEG Technical Program
- Using a Deep Convolutional Neural Network to Enhance the Accuracy of First Break Picking, by Yaniv Hollander, Amin Merouane and Orhan Yilmaz
Session: Recent Advances and the Road Ahead
Date and Time: Monday, October 15, 1:50 - 2:15 PM
Eigenray Tracing in 3D-Heterogeneous Media Using Spectral Element Method, by Igor Ravve and Zvi Koren
Date and Time: Monday, October 15, 2:40 - 3:05 PM
Location: Exposition Hall C, Poster Station 15
Slowness-domain Kinematical Characteristics for Horizontally Layered Orthorhombic Media, by Zvi Koren and Igor Ravve
Date and Time: Tuesday, October 16, 1:50 - 2:15 PM
Location: Exposition Hall C, Poster Station 18
Modeling Intrasalt Layers when Building Velocity Models for Depth Migration: Examples of the Santos Basins, Brazilian Offshore, by Alexandre Maul, Josué Fonseca, Leonardo Teixeira, Pablo Barros, João Boechat, João Paulo Nunes & Thiago Yamamoto (Petrobras); María González and Gerardo González (Emerson E&P Software)
Session: Southern Gulf of Mexico and Latin America
Date and Time: Tuesday, October 16, 3:55 - 4:20 PM
Azimuthally Anisotropic Effective Parameters from Full-azimuth Reflection Angle Gathers, by Liron Korkidi, Raz Litvak, Cindy Ayache, Ronit Strachilevitz, Zvi Koren
Session: Migration and Traveltimes
Date and Time: Wednesday, October 17, 2:40 - 3:05 PM