A collaborative approach to seismic inversion.
Paradigm® Vanguard® is a multi-attribute platform for seismic amplitude inversion, that integrates seismic, well and geological data to produce a comprehensive description of reservoir properties. Recent product releases have incorporated Vanguard's advanced capabilities in a comprehensive Quantitative Seismic Interpretation package that is fully integrated into the SeisEarth® interpretation system, making it easily accessible to the interpreter, with all data readily available throughout the workflow.
Vanguard is an integral part of these Paradigm solutions:
Seismic amplitude inversions
The Paradigm QSI system integrates seismic, well and geological data to produce a comprehensive description of reservoir properties, including impedances, porosities, saturations and lithology. A full set of traditional and innovative inversion techniques enables the user to select the right technology for each project. The system is specifically designed to support the interpretation of multiple attributes simultaneously, for enhanced efficiency and ease of use.
Features of Seismic Inversions
- Seismic attribute technology: Includes complex trace attributes, geometric attributes, multi-attribute analysis and interpretation tools, and multi-attribute, statistical analysis tools
- Intuitive, easy-to-use log window
- Advanced synthetics: Direct calibration of multiple wells with seismic data in a multi-attribute interpretation environment
- Geostatistical model building: Detailed high-resolution models that integrate well log data with interpretation, velocity and seismic data in a complex geological framework
- Colored inversion: Fast track inversion using seismic data and well data frequency spectrum to invert data and output relative acoustic impedance
- Simultaneous elastic impedance inversion: Using a variety of unique techniques, seismic and AVO data are inverted to produce a broad set of attributes, including P and S impedances, Elastic Impedance, λ*ρ and µ*ρ, Poisson’s Ratio, and density
- 4D cross-equalization of a multi-vintage dataset in 4D exploration using neural network technology
- Full-functionality depth workflow for Colored Inversion and Prestack Maximum Likelihood Inversion (PMLI), including well log calibration
- Simultaneous multi-attribute neural network inversion to convert seismic data directly into rock properties
- Wedge/2D forward modeling, giving users the option to play the “what if” game (structure, fluid and porosity), and accurately assess their prospect
- Crossplotting: Designed to analyze multi-attribute seismic data and multi-attribute rock properties, and to integrate well log and seismic data in crossplot space
- Crossplot lithoseismic classification, from prestack inversion results to seismic lithofacies probability volumes, enabling geoscientists to quantify uncertainty in lithofacies and fluid prediction
All Epos®-based applications enable interoperability with third-party data stores, including:
- RESQML 2.0.1
- OpenWorks® R5000.10
- GeoFrame® 2012
- Petrel® 2017 & 2016
- Recall™ 5.4.2