New Dimensions in Intelligence
Oil and gas E&P companies, challenged by the need to handle the massive amounts of data that are now available to them, are in need of advanced technologies to to help them optimize their work. Emerson Paradigm™, the leading technological innovator in the industry, has included in the Paradigm 18 release solutions aimed at providing more accurate results in less time, and with less effort on the part of the user. Through automation, integration, collaboration, and product optimization, Paradigm 18 enhances your work experience and provides the solutions you need in today’s rapidly-changing world.
The Emerson Paradigm Advantage!
- Artificial intelligence capabilities enable quick and reliable identification of geologic facies from seismic and wellbore data.
- Unification of the user interface and data management enables faster results with less effort.
- Support for applications running on the Cloud makes it easier than ever for remote teams to work together.
- High resolution processing, imaging, interpretation and modeling result in more accurate earth models.
Machine Learning as a data integrator and process automation tool
- A new unsupervised learning approach for classification of prestack seismic data or using multiple attributes, integrated with geobody detection
- Advanced parameter sampling for sensitivity analysis of all seismic facies classification workflows, to facilitate user understanding of the impact of parameter changes on the workflows
Continued unification of UI and Data Management, from seismic processing to interpretation and modeling
Paradigm 18 supports applications running on the Cloud, to allow remote teams to work together more easily.
High-resolution Seismic Processing and Imaging
- Model-based ground roll modeling and attenuation based on estimation of near surface parameters
- Radon-based data modeling in 5D data modeling and reconstruction, for improved signal representation
- Tomography-enabled support for large datasets in conjunction with high-resolution tomographic update grids for more accurate velocity models
- Significant reduction in memory consumption and project run times
- Geologically-constrained velocity models with model-based tomography solutions that honor faults and multi-valued surfaces
- Time preserving tomography workflow support for complex models to facilitate the minimization of misties between well markers and the structural model in depth (SKUA-GOCAD™ and GeoDepth™ integration).
- A new orthorhombic workflow available for output from EarthStudy 360™ Imager enables more accurate estimation of fracture orientation and stress.
High-resolution Seismic Interpretation
- New interpretation workflows for interval attributes, Spectral Decomposition and Dip-steered enhancement attributes in SeisEarth™ Integrated Canvas
- Flattening and unflattening of interpretation and seismic attribute volumes in paleospace in support of a stronger interpretation-modeling workflow
- A new stratigraphic context that enables users to group selections of well data activity, marker priority and assignment with the Epos™ Formation Table, switch between them using a one-stop mechanism, and share their selections easily with colleagues.
Quantitative Seismic Interpretation and Reservoir Characterization
- Automatic QSI parameter optimization at all well locations
- Rock physics overlay creation and display on crossplot
- Gridless geostatistics (SKUA-GOCAD) for stratigraphically constrained property modeling on unstructured grids and meshless objects
Geomechanics, Well Bore Stability and Production Logging
- A unique ability to decompose the wavefield into reflection and diffraction energy directly at the image locations.
- Major updates to Geolog™ geomechanics, engineering, and production modules, including the generation of new modeled borehole failure image
- Shows breakout width and tensile fractures and new cement evaluation functionality.
- Hybrid grids (SKUA-GOCAD) combining the benefits of structured and unstructured grids in support of flow simulation and geomechanics simulation workflows
- New seismic file parallel I/O capabilities providing improved throughput for seismic processing and imaging workflows
- Re-engineering of many geophysical imaging and tomography applications to support large data and high-resolution (grid) imaging and velocity modeling objectives
- Significant productivity improvements for velocity model updating and imaging of multi-line 2D seismic surveys
- Optimized modeling workflows for handling large numbers of wells
- Common UI framework for seismic interpretation, geologic interpretation and modeling activities
- Streamline structural model construction and validation by optimizing model size and providing comprehensive assistance for model quality control
- Generalization of petrophysical uncertainty, enabling most Geolog modules and Loglans to run in Monte Carlo mode
Data and Open Systems
- New wavelet-based prestack seismic file compression providing improved flexibility for seismic processing and imaging workflows
- Python programming support in Geolog
- Infrastructure support for all types of 3D seismic gathers
- Extended access to Web-based Open Source and GIS data sources