Enhanced data sharing and team collaboration.
The open, innovative Epos™ infrastructure links all Epos-based applications to a shared database, and incorporates common data models, common interfaces, common services, and common visualization platforms for individuals or teams across disciplines. The system extends both the scalability of the system and the
reach of the geoscientist.
EPOS IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THESE ASPENTECH SUBSURFACE SCIENCE & ENGINEERING (SSE) SOLUTIONS
Client/server architecture that provides a multi-user environment for data sharing and collaboration
- A distributed data management system that supports the growing industry need for huge data storage
- A light, robust relational database
- Dedicated data repositories for each data type, making it possible to balance the load on the system
- Support for Linux® and Microsoft® Windows®, including cross-platform Linux-Windows support and multi-user project sharing in Windows
- Support for mixed data stored in a Project using different units and projection systems
- On-the-fly conversion from third-party databases, ensuring a unified view without changing the original data
- Dynamic and extensible project definition
- A single entry point used to easily assemble a group of seismic surveys, well data, culture data, reservoir data, and drilling data into one logical entity for collaborative work by exploration or asset teams on a regional basis (Epos Project)
- Multi-site synchronisation
- Dedicated third-party data services offering interoperability and data exchange with third-party databases
Extensive data loading capabilities
Epos provides a broad set of standard data loaders suitable to all of the data used by our industry:
- RESQML as a comprehensive format for the transfer of seismic, interpretation, well and reservoir modeling data
- ASCII for the import/export of seismic survey geometry, cultural data, and interpretation, reservoir and production data. Epos also supports many ASCII or binary formats of third parties.
- Binary SEG-Y loader/exporter for the import/export of multiple files containing seismic data. This loader offers an option to QC the histogram of the amplitudes in the seismic data file, and lets the user view the data prior to loading.
- LAS, DLIS, WITSML, ASCII4, OWX, and contractor formatted files for well data.
- ECLIPSE®, VIP, CMG files, or Rescue files for reservoir data
- ASCII or simulation outputs for production and engineering data
Optimal data security and project control
The Epos infrastructure offers a centralized and secure system that supports the needs of both IT professionals and geoscientists. Customizable, role-defined user permission, and access control tools optimize data security and enable administrators to define the teams that can access and share data on a project, survey or site. A common infrastructure for all Paradigm applications and repositories makes them easy to organize and administer, even in companies with hundreds of users.
- Improved quality control and management of business-critical geoscience data
- Full IT control over the location and arrangement of repositories
- Enhanced data management flexibility for the Geoscience Data Manager in a given project
- Easy scalability for changing performance and storage needs as datasets continue to grow
The Epos infrastructure includes powerful management tools that allow system administrators to tailor data access and usage to the evolving needs of their organization. The IT Administrator has full control and flexibility over the location and arrangement of the data repositories, and the repositories are structured in such a way as to easily scale to changing performance and storage needs as datasets grow.
Other useful tools for IT and Data Managers include:
- Flexible backup and restore capabilities: The modular and distributed nature of Epos streamlines the data backup process, as every project, survey and database can be backed up separately. Data can be backed up on a regular basis, with the frequency determined by the Data Administrator per data type, enabling optimal scheduling.
- Global permission management
- Restore from snapshot: In case of data loss during work, Epos has a mechanism for copying data from the most recent snapshot taken by the file server, and restoring only the required data element. This enables fast and convenient restore with very high data granularity.
Project administrators can set the location and structure of data, and grant access permission to groups of personnel on site. It is even possible to grant permissions according to different roles, such as data loading, interpretation, approval, etc.
All Epos™-based applications enable interoperability with third-party data stores, including:
- RESQML 2.0.1
- OpenWorks® R5000.10
- Petrel* 2021, 2020 & 2019
- Recall™ 5.4.2
*is a mark of Schlumberger