As the industry standard for advanced petrophysical analysis, the Geolog™ Formation Evaluation product suite is unmatched in terms of its best-in-class petrophysical and geological analysis tools, well data management, superior graphics, and robust data integration.
GEOLOG IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THIS EMERSON E&P SOFTWARE SOLUTION:
Based on the Epos™ data management infrastructure, Geolog applications work directly on data stored in Epos and third-party well databases., including Petrel* seismic to simulation software. There’s no need for data duplication. Also, when used with Emerson's StratEarth™ application for geological interpretation and SKUA-GOCAD™ model-building solutions, users have access to the most comprehensive toolset available for exploration and development geologists.
* is a mark of Schlumberger
Geolog features include:
- Vendor-neutral solution
- Over 30 years of industry-driven development
- Multi-well, multi-zone data management
- Support for multi-user environments
- A single integrated environment for petrophysics, borehole geophysics, geology and borehole engineering workflows
- Powerful data management capabilities with a full audit trail
- Automatic report generation using customizable templates
- A tool for both the generalist and the specialist
- Paradigm’s well repository, a key component of the portfolio
EXCEPTIONAL DATA LOADING FLEXIBILITY
Data loading, QC and storage are easy in Geolog. All the tools needed to prepare log data for analysis are included in the package. All types of well data can be stored in the system, including core, wireline and LWD measurements, and supporting lithological, geological and stratigraphic information. Rapid drag and drop data loading from contractor formatted or ASCII files greatly reduces data loading times.
UNMATCHED CUSTOMIZATION AND CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS
Direct access to Matlab code using Geolog Loglan enables existing research work and custom calculations to be easily delivered to end users. Python scripts can be created in Loglan editor and run from Geolog, leveraging third-party libraries for mathematics, graphics, statistical analysis and machine learning.
EXPANDED CONNECTIVITY TO OSDU
Emerson is fully committed to supporting the Open Group Open Subsurface Data Universe™ (OSDU™)) initiative. Geolog supports OSDU R3 read-write connectivity, in which it is possible to load OSDU R3 Well Log data in a Geolog Project using the OSDU importer module. New log data and associated PDF files can then be sent from Geolog back to the OSDU R3 instance.
The Geolog package includes:
- Determin: Comprehensive suite of deterministic modules ranging from environmental corrections to pay summary reporting
- Multimin: Optimization tools for statistically determining mineral and fluid characteristics and volumes from petrophysical data, such as logs, cores, XRD, and petrographic data
- Full waveform sonic processing: Processing and interpretation of array logs, from raw data to results, including anisotropy processing for maximum stress direction determination
- NMR module: Vendor-independent, high-end processing, quality control, interpretation and modeling of NMR logs
- A reservoir characterization functionality that allows petrophysicists and engineers to estimate reservoir flow properties from log data, to help estimate their production capacity
- Module customization: The powerful Loglan programming language gives log analysis the freedom to customize modules to meet their needs
Advanced cluster analysis-based electrofacies characterization and log prediction. Facimage analytical methods:
- Multi-resolution graph-based clustering (MRGC)
- Dynamic clustering
- Ascendant hierarchical clustering (AHC)
- Self-organizing map (SOM)
- Neural network log prediction
- Based on technology from Total
Core Analysis and Saturation Height Modeling
- Effective integration and correlation with conventional and NMR log data
- Highly interactive graphical workflow allowing rapid loading, correcting and analyzing of special core analysis data for saturation height modeling/capillary pressure
- More accurate reservoir characterization derived through seamless integration of data with other petrophysical measurements
The Geolog Geosteering add-on module enables geosteering experts to effectively edit and interpret logs in highly deviated wells and model the logging-while-drilling (LWD) tool response. Geolog Geosteer works in collaboration with Sysdrill™ drilling applications. These provide a powerful log-scale interpretation capability that integrates petrophysical, geological, geophysical and drilling workﬂows. Together, they support the design and engineering of complex well paths for optimized well placement based on seismic, geological, or reservoir data.
- OpenWorks® R5000.10
- Petrel* 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015
- Recall™ 5.4.2
(* a mark of Schlumberger)