Sysdrill Well Planning
Improve accuracy, reduce risk, increase productivity.
The Sysdrill™ product suite is designed to enhance well planning accuracy, reduce drilling risk and uncertainty, quantify well bore position and precision, and improve drilling safety. There are two Sysdrill well planning modules.
Sysdrill Director combines flexible well planning with advanced error modeling and anti-collision techniques to allow drilling engineers to safely and accurately plan, drill, and monitor directional wells. Automated well planning enables quick and easy well design. Geometric constraints, such as inclination and direction at target entry, optimize the design. Offset wells can be loaded and co-visualized for collision avoidance.
Sysdrill Director features include:
- Powerful, flexible well planning spreadsheet, including access to pre-defined wellpath profiles
- Automatic well planning option for quick well design
- Robust database, scalable from the wellsite to the corporate data store
- Full range of error modeling techniques for MWD, gyro, and inertial downhole survey
- IGRF, BGGM, HDGM, EMM and WMM magnetic models for declination calculation instruments, including full support for ISCWSA magnetic and gyro error models
- Ability to compute and visualize expected wellbore positional uncertainty to determine the feasibility of geological prospect drilling
- Fast, flexible anti-collision analysis incorporating wellbore positional uncertainty
- Interactive 3D HTML viewer
- Powerful engineering plotting with user-extensible set of plot templates
- Real-time, directional survey data loading, using AspenTech Subsurface Science & Engineering (SSE) WITSML technology, for automatic computation of the actual wellbore position as drilling progresses
- Flexible graphical capability to project current wellpath ahead of the bit
- Complete integration with the Sysdrill suite of drilling engineering applications
- Epos 4.2
- OpenWorks® R5000
- WITSML 1.3.1 and 1.4.1
* Image courtesy of Integrated Petroleum Technologies Inc. and Mineral Resources Inc.